Monashee Patient Portal
Through the Monashee Patient Portal, you can book an appointment, view past and upcoming appointments, check your messages, and edit your personal information. You will need your personal health number to log in. This information is specific to our clinic only.
Your own Health Care Provider not available on a preferred day? Check the schedule of our Locum instead!
Location and Hours
- Downtown Lab – 1101 Dewdney Ave, Trail: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
- Rossland Lab (Associate Med. Clinic – 1973 Columbia Avenue): Thursday (every 3-4 weeks) 8am-2pm
- Two ways to book appointments
- Call 1-877-7747 (8am – 5pm) and let them know if you want Trail Lab or Rossland Lab
Information available on MyHealthPortal includes Interior Health (IH) lab results, medical imaging reports (such as X-ray, CT and ultrasounds), certain IH appointments, certain transcribed clinical reports, your hospital visit history, and your contact information. You will not see information or appointments from your family doctor’s / nurse practitioner’s office or for lab tests done at private labs such as Valley Medical Laboratories and LifeLabs.
Health Gateway provides secure and convenient access to your health records. Information available includes lab results, medications, immunization history, COVID-19 PCR test results and COVID-19 proof of vaccination.
Booking an appointment
- Booking your appointment with your family doctor can be done online (click here) or call the clinic on 250 362 9040.
What to expect and how to prepare for your appointment
- Only medical masks are an acceptable face covering in the clinic. A medical mask will be provided to you if you do not have one of your own as cloth or home made masks are not acceptable.
Confidentiality and Privacy
- All of our staff have signed confidentiality agreements and we are dedicated to ensuring patient privacy and confidentiality. We cannot guarantee the privacy of anything sent to us by email so we recommend you contact the office by phone for all inquiries.
- Cancellations require a minimum of 24 hours notice. There will be a missed appointment fee of $50 for phone or in-person visits if we do not have 24 hours notice.
- We encourage patients to book appointments for prescription refills at least 3-4 weeks prior to need.
Chaperones & Support
- You are welcome to bring a support person to your appointment. If you would like a chaperone to be present at an appointment, please ask the staff and we will be happy to assist you.
- We are a medical teaching site which means there will occasionally be residents and students at our clinic. While we encourage you to allow these professionals to assist you in care, please talk with your primary care provider or our staff if you have any questions or concerns.
I am going abroad and need some (advice on) travel medication
The Vancouver Coastal Clinic offers great services online and are able to prescribe the medication needed to travel safely. Visit http://travelclinic.vch.ca/ to book an appointment
I need a renewal of my prescription, do I need a doctor’s appointment for this?
For most of the renewals, your pharmacist is able to help you out and therefore you do not need to see your doctor. Check with your pharmacist before booking an appointment with your care provider.
Attending your First Virtual Visit
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to join a virtual visit. Topics include how to prepare for your visit and technical requirements.
Here are some additional resources to help ensure your best possible virtual visit experience:
Consent to use Virtual Care Tools
The Monashee Medical Clinic is increasing the use of virtual tools to enhance and support patient care. This includes text message appointment reminders, email communication, video conferencing for appointments and a secure patient portal. It is important that you understand that there are some risks associated with using virtual care.
In addition to providing better patient care, the use of virtual tools will allow the clinic to respond quickly to a future event like the recent pandemic, when the only way to offer health care was through the use of virtual tools.
We encourage you to set up access to the virtual tools we use at our clinic by providing a valid email address and mobile phone number to our clinic, and to register on the My Health Portal and Health Gateway. Our front staff can also connect you with a technical expert whose role involves working with patients like yourself to help you get set up with some of these virtual supports. Please note, accessing virtual care in no way excludes patients from being seen in-person when this type of appointment is most appropriate. To view the full Virtual Consent Agreement click here.
Fees for Services
Clinic Fee Schedule for Uninsured Services
Some services are not covered by Health Insurance BC and will be charged directly to the patient. The list below includes the most common uninsured services. This list is not inclusive and there may be charges for other uninsured services. These fees are based on the Doctors of BC Guidelines for Uninsured Services.
In the past, the physicians at the Monashee Medical Clinic have personally absorbed the majority of the cost for uninsured services on behalf of our patients. Given the current primary care situation in B.C., rising business costs, and the need to be able to recruit and retain providers, the Monashee Medical Clinic will be transitioning to charging the recommended Doctors of BC rates for Uninsured Services.
Exceptions may be made for patients with financial difficulty. Please talk to your primary care provider directly if you feel you may qualify.
Payment for these services will be required in full at the time the service is provided.
*Appointments must be cancelled or rescheduled with 24 hours notice or a missed appointment fee will be charged.
|Fee effective July 1, 2023||$75.00|
|Brief Certificates/forms/Letters – including school/work time off, sick notes, certificates, SPARC-BC parking applications, HandyDART/HandyCard Applications etc. (A00060)||$48.25|
|Disability Forms – including CRA Disability Tax Credit Forms (A00095)||$111.00|
|Drivers Licence Examination – Yellow Stripe Form – Standard Medical Issues – Partial Exam||$101.00|
|Drivers Licence Examination – Yellow Stripe Form – Complex Medical Issues – Full Exam||$226.00|
|Drivers Licence Examination – Blue Stripe Form – Standard Medical Issues – Partial Exam||$26.00|
|Drivers Licence Examination – Blue Stripe Form – Complex Medical Issues – Full Exam||$151.00|
|Physical Fitness exams for Sports Teams/Camps/School – including form (A00068)||$81.50|
|Insurance or Industrial Pre-placement Exam – Full exam including form||$232.00|
|Copy of Specific Result that patient can access via My Health Portal or Health Gateway – includes photocopy fee||$20.00|
|Transfer of Records (Photocopies) (A00093 + A00096)||$40 + photocopy fee|
|Transfer of Records – (USB) (A00093 + $10 USB Fee)||$50.00|
|Photocopy – transfer of records or patient request for records (First 10 pages/subsequent pages (A00096)||$2.00 / .30 per page|
SERVICE FEES FOR PRIVATE PAY PATIENTS
|In-Person / Phone Appointment (15 min)||$101.00|
|In-Person / Phone Appointment (30 min)||$232.00|
|Prescription Renewal by Telephone – with no appt. (A00047)||$33.20|
Zero Tolerance Policy
Monashee Medical Clinic is committed to providing a safe, secure and respectful environment for all patients and staff.
Words or actions that make others feel intimidated, disrespected or threatened will not be tolerated and action will be taken to protect patients and staff.
Monashee Medical Clinic considers the use of inappropriate words, actions or inactions as disruptive behaviour.
- Violence (physical attacks or threats of harm)
- Throwing, damaging property or breaking things
- Unwelcomed physical contact
- Failure to observe clinic policies
- Refusing to leave the property
Inappropriate Words (in person, by phone, or any means of communication):
- Intimidating, aggressive or abusive language
- Disrespectful or demeaning language/comments
- Remarks, jokes or innuendos that degrade, ridicule or offend
- Discriminatory remarks
- Threats or threatening behaviour
- Sexual Harassment
Individuals may face dismissal from our practice if they do not adhere to this policy.