Medical Office Assistant (approx. 24-35 hrs/week) – Monashee Medical Clinic – Rossland
Monashee Medical Clinic is a busy family practice clinic located on the main street in Rossland. Our clinic is looking
for a MOA to join our team.
As the first point of contact with our patients, you play a key role in the care we provide to our patients. If you enjoy
multitasking in a fast-paced office environment where you utilize technical office skills while creating a welcoming
experience for clinic patients, you may be the right person for this job.
You will be working with two other MOA’s as well as our office managers. Our team is dedicated to providing the best
care possible, always looking to learn from and help each other.
- Exceptional people skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills (typing speed min. 40 wpm)
- Organizational skills & ability to multi-task
- You are a self-starter and enjoy working in a busy team environment
- Comfort and experience working with computer software and hardware
- Quick learner and ability to problem solve
- Use good judgement dealing with patient issues and managing sensitive & confidential information
- Experience working within the health system or as a medical office assistant is an asset
Job Description Includes:
- Patient care including reception, booking appointments, managing correspondence & medical documents, and
- Medical support for our practitioners as needed including preparing patients charts and forms, cleaning rooms
and instruments, attending sensitive examination procedures, completing urinalysis and pregnancy tests and
preparing lab samples
- Working with both software and hardware technology including electronic medical record (EMR software),
Excel, Word, E-mail, fax machines, printers, label makers, scanners and a VOIP phone system
- Ordering and management of office and medical supplies, opening and closing the office and processing private
- Maintaining patient confidentiality at all times
- Other duties as required. No day is ever the same!
Many patients seen in the clinic are vulnerable so candidates are expected to be vaccinated for COVID 19.
Hours and Compensation:
Monday – Friday 9:00 – 17:00
Wage range is $20 -$24 per hour depending on experience.
Next Steps: Resumes can be dropped off, mailed or e-mailed to the Monashee Medical Clinic at the address below until
December 8th. We thank all interested persons however only those selected for an interview will be contacted by
December 15th, 2023.
Monashee Medical Clinic
PO Box 700 (for mailing)
2067b Columbia Ave. (for drop-off)
email@example.com (for e-mailing)