Medical Office Manager (P/T or F/T) – Monashee Medical Clinic – Rossland
Monashee Medical Clinic is looking for a part-time or full-time Office Manager for a busy family practice clinic with 4 physicians, a nurse and frequent locum physicians and medical residents.
- Exceptional people skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written (typing speed min. 40 wpm)
- Leadership/Supervisory skills dealing with staff, physicians and patients
- Use good judgement dealing with patient issues and managing sensitive & confidential information
- Quick Learner and ability to problem solve
- Self-starter and enjoy working with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Sound knowledge of office procedures
- Human resources experience with recruitment, performance management, labour law, training and payroll
- Basic accounting skills
- Strong software and hardware skills including troubleshooting
- Experience working within the health system is an asset.
- Medical billing experience is an asset
Job Description Includes:
- IT Role: You are the clinic’s technology trainer and first line of IT support for office software and hardware including electronic medical record (EMR), SAGE accounting software, ESET security software, Excel, Word, E-mail, video conferencing applications, fax machines, printers, label makers, scanners and a VOIP phone system. The role also includes troubleshooting, product purchasing and managing software upgrades.
- Human Resources Role: Participating in the selection, training and supervision of clinic staff; Supporting physicians with staff performance & wage management; Ensuring compliance with BC Employment Standards; Developing and maintaining clinic HR policy manual.
- Administrative duties: Managing monthly clinic meetings; Planning and coordinating daily work assignments including scheduling of all staff, physicians and operations; Managing supplier contracts, annual clinic insurance renewal, and management of facilities/landlord issues; Purchasing special clinic supplies.
- Accounting Role: Responsible for all private pay invoicing for the clinic; Monthly bookkeeping & reporting; (SAGE); Semi-monthly staff payroll & CRA payroll filing; Year-end bookkeeping and annual submission to Accountant.
- Clinic Problem Solver Role: Supporting the staff and physicians to solve unpredicted problems and issues as they arise.
- Medical Billing Role: Responsible for all medical billing for the clinic. (This function can be outsourced)
- Assuming role of MOA as required
- Other duties as required (no day is ever the same)
Many patients seen in the clinic are vulnerable so candidates are expected to be vaccinated for COVID 19.
Wage range is $22 -$27 per hour depending on experience.
Resumes can be dropped off, mailed or e-mailed to the Monashee Medical Clinic at the address below until May 23rd. We thank all interested persons however only those selected for an interview will be contacted by May 30th, 2022.
Monashee Medical Clinic
PO Box 700 (for mailing)
2067b Columbia Ave. (for drop-off)