We are dedicated to providing the highest quality, comprehensive, accessible, patient-focused medical care through an evidence-based, caring, and collaborative approach.
Please note, we are not a walk-in clinic.
Monashee Medical Clinic is not accepting new patients at this time.
Patients looking for a primary care provider should register on the Kootenay Boundary’s Health Connect Registry. This is a new region-wide service to help patients find a family practitioner. You can self-register at kbhcr.ca
May 23, 2023
Online booking is now available for Nurse Practitioner Tessa Hamilton, Dr. Sandstrom and Dr. Andrew Hamilton. Click on Patient Dashboard at the top of the screen and login to Monashee Patient Portal to book an appointment.
Click here for Step-by-step instructions for online booking
Information For Patients
- While virtual appointments are still encouraged due to the recent increase in COVID cases, patients can now request an in person appointment if need-be, providing they do not have COVID symptoms.
- If you are feeling unwell with any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, loss of taste and/or smell, muscle aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat or runny nose please call us so we can make arrangements to see you while keeping everyone safe. Use the self-assessment tool.
- If you have been in contact with a positive case we ask that you let us know prior to any in-office visits so we can make appropriate arrangements
- For general questions you can also call 1-888-COVID-19 or text 604-630-0300 or HealthLink BC at 811 anytime. Visit http://www.bccdc.ca for guidance and information regarding COVID-19.
- If you have symptoms and need to be tested for Covid book online.
- If you have been tested and are waiting for results, call 1-833-707-2792
Location and Hours
- Downtown Lab – 1101 Dewdney Ave, Trail: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
- Rossland Lab (Associate Med. Clinic – 1973 Columbia Avenue): Thursday (every 3-4 weeks) 8am-2pm
- Two ways to book appointments
- Call 1-844-870-4756 (8am – 5pm) and let them know if you want Trail Lab or Rossland Lab
- Book online: www.labonlinebooking.ca
Booking an appointment
- Please call 250 362 9040 to book an appointment with your family doctor.
What to expect and how to prepare for your appointment
- Only medical masks are an acceptable face covering in the clinic. A medical mask will be provided to you if you do not have one of your own as cloth or home made masks are not acceptable.
Confidentiality and Privacy
- All of our staff have signed confidentiality agreements and we are dedicated to ensuring patient privacy and confidentiality. We cannot guarantee the privacy of anything sent to us by email so we recommend you contact the office by phone for all inquiries.
- Cancellations require a minimum of 24 hours notice. There will be a missed appointment fee of $50 for phone or in-person visits if we do not have 24 hours notice. This fee will increase to $75 on July 1, 2023 to match the Doctors of BC recommended fee.
- We encourage patients to book appointments for prescription refills at least 3-4 weeks prior to need.
Chaperones & Support
- You are welcome to bring a support person to your appointment. If you would like a chaperone to be present at an appointment, please ask the staff and we will be happy to assist you.
- We are a medical teaching site which means there will occasionally be residents and students at our clinic. While we encourage you to allow these professionals to assist you in care, please talk with your primary care provider or our staff if you have any questions or concerns.
We encourage patients to book appointments for prescription refills at least 3-4 weeks prior to need.
Please Be Kind & Patient
Please be kind and patient, our front staff are trained to help patients and we make every effort to make your experience pleasant and comfortable. Please note that we are completely supportive of our staff and neither the physicians nor management will tolerate any rude or aggressive behavior.
For a full copy of our Zero Tolerance Policy click here
Mon – Thu, 9am – 4:30pm
Closed Fri-Sat-Sun & Statutory Holidays
2067b Columbia Ave,
PO Box 700, Rossland, BC, VOG 1YO
Phone: 250 362 9040
Where To Find Us